Before Your Visit
- Be prepared to bring your driver’s license and insurance card(s) with you.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight prior to your surgery.
- Call your surgeon if you develop a cold, fever or respiratory problem prior to surgery.
- If you take any new medications prior to your surgery, please notify your doctor immediately.
- For your own comfort, we suggest you wear loose-fitting clothes and slip-on shoes.
- Complete your on-line assessment or come by the center prior to your surgery date. Feel free to call us if you have any questions: 434.947.7700
Day of Surgery
Please help us ensure that your time with us is as smooth and simple as possible.
- Bathe or shower the morning of your surgery to minimize the chance of infection.
- Women should remove all make-up and nail polish.
- Arrive one hour prior to your scheduled surgery time. This will allow adequate time for all necessary admission procedures.
- Please bring your co-pay (check, cash or credit card), and leave all other valuables at home, including wallet and jewelry.
- Due to space limitations, please limit visitors to two per patient.
- If your child is having surgery, feel free to bring a favorite stuffed toy or security blanket for added reassurance.
- Do not smoke immediately before or after receiving an anesthetic. Smoking may interfere with the anesthetic and frequently produces nausea during the recovery period.
- Your surgeon will provide post operative instructions regarding diet, rest and medications.
- Please arrange for someone to drive you home following the surgery and to stay at home with you for a day.