The Surgery Center of Lynchburg remains committed to providing high quality perioperative care to our community during these uncertain times surrounding COVID-19. Our top priority is to the health and safety of our patients, visitors, and caregivers. We have implemented numerous safety measures to ensure the health and well being of all individuals visiting our facility. At this time, some of our increased safety measures include:
- Face mask are mandatory for all individuals within our facility. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you upon arrival.
- All patients are limited to one visitor within the building per patient. This includes minors- only one parent/guardian will be permitted per patient.
- Social distancing guidelines are being practiced in our waiting rooms and staff are present to direct patients and their visitor to designated areas.
- Increased cleaning measures have been added throughout the facility.
- Patients receiving Anesthesia care for their surgery will be COVID-19 tested preoperatively.
- All individuals entering the building will be screened for COVID-19, including having their temperature taken, and answering the COVID-19 screening questionnaire required:
- Patients who have a temperature of 100.0°F or greater, or who answer “yes” to any of the screening questions will be asked to go home and will have their surgery or procedure rescheduled.
- Visitors with a temperature of 100.0°F or greater, or who answer “yes” to any of the screening questions will be denied access to the building and must wait in their vehicle for the duration of the patient’s surgery.
- If you are a patient and you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or any other undiagnosed illness, we ask that you DO NOT come for your scheduled surgery, but instead please call (434) 947-7700 to cancel and reschedule for a later date.